Thursday, January 17, 2008

TV Jobs Assignment

KSNF-TV, 1502 Cleveland, Joplin, MO – 64801.
Job Title – Morning show co-anchor
Description - seeks a morning show co-anchor who can bring a sparking on-camera presence and interview skills to the show, and can interact well with the other co-anchor and forecaster.
Market Number – 145
News Director – Jim Jackson

KNOP-TV, North Hwy 83, Box-749, North Platte, NE – 69103.
Job Title – Entry level reporter/videographer
Description – seeks an entry level reporter/videographer who has shooting, writing, reporting and editing skills, and the ability to do smooth live shots; will learn to produce.
Market Number – 209
News Director – Jacque Harms

WLIO-TV, 1424 Rice Av., Lima, OH – 45805.
Job Title – Morning anchor-producer/reporter-videographer
Description – seeks a morning anchor-producer/reporter-videographer who can do it all each day; must be a good writer, know newsroom computer systems and Web posting; a passion for the business is crucial, while experience is preferred.
Market Number – 185
Director – Lon Tegels

Yes I am willing to move to these places for the jobs offered. I picked these because they are offering me entry level anchor/reporter jobs and that is what I want to do in the broadcasting field. Also, I want to be in or near the Midwest since my future family will be living in Midwest, so it will be easier for me to stay close to them or even move with them if I have to. Since lower markets are the first targets to get a job for beginners, Midwest has a lot of opportunity for entry level jobs. All these reasons interest me about this job. Some of the top 25 markets like Chicago, IL, St. Louis, MO, Detroit, MI, and Cleveland-Akron, OH are also in the Midwest where I can go after gaining experience for a while from the smaller markets.

No comments: