Friday, January 4, 2008

Journal Entry-1

The first day of class was very good. Professor Schroeder gave us the syllabus and calendar for the J-term. We had a brief introduction of the class and every student spoke about their career interests. We talked about various things like anchoring, dress codes, stand-ups, etc. Professor Schroeder told us the difference between a newscast and package. She also gave us the “recipe” for a good package and its main ingredients. Then we talked about our guest interview with Virginia Kerr from KMOV. The best thing that I learned in the first class was that planning is the key to success not just for this class but also for our future career. We also talked about how to set up our blogs and posted the first introductory blog post. Professor Schroeder also shared her experiences and ideas as a student and I found it very impressive. Then we went to the LUTV studio and practiced anchoring, camera and teleprompter. It was so much fun to just watch people reading the news and I felt that my dreams are about to come true. This is what I want to be, an anchor and when professor Schroeder gave us an opportunity to practice anchoring, I just felt on top of the world, because it was my first time practicing anchoring like an actual news reader. I really think that this class is a great fun and the perfect way to learn how to be on camera. I am so excited and looking forward to learn more cool stuff which I have always been dreaming about. Professor Schroeder has been in this field before and I think she will be the best guide for me to make my dream come true.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I think it's awesome that you're so passionate! Good job yesterday.

Jill Falk said...

Thank you for the nice comments, Sakshi.