Monday, January 14, 2008

Journal Entry 8

Today we met in the class and professor Schroeder told us the schedule for the upcoming week real quick since there were a lot of confusions regarding the assignments due for this class in the first week. So after that we got some packets from her containing information regarding the reporting, anchoring, voice improvement, wardrobe, some exercises for voice, etc. then she showed us some tapes from her college time when she used to do anchoring for her college TV station. She showed us how she changed from then to now. One can easily tell the difference not just in her looks but also in her voice and expressions. Then she gave us some tips from the package to improve our voice quality. The best thing that I learned in today’s class was when she told us that milk products are not good for an anchor/reporter, especially when one has to go on air right after having a milk product since it deposits a layer in our throat which sits there for a while. I love yogurts, but now I know when I’m supposed to eat it and when not. Then she asked all the guys to go out for 20 minutes to read and prepare one exercise each to tell the whole class. In the meanwhile she talked to the girls about makeup and I found it very significant and useful since I barely used to do any make up before, but after today I know what products I need for my makeup to be on camera. After that we went to the LUTV studio and started shooting the newscast for the day. I did the entertainment and the funny part about it was that I had to stand up on a box to bring myself to level with the screen. Overall today’s class was fun…

No comments: