Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Journal Entry 4

Today we had our guest speaker Virginia Kerr from KMOV channel-4. She is an anchor on the morning show. She gave us a quick brief introduction of hers and told us that she is from Birmingham, Alabama. We asked several questions to her. One of my questions that worry me all the time was regarding my accent. She told me that it’s not a big deal as far as I can make myself understand clearly to my audience. She answered all of our questions with the best of her enthusiasm. She seemed really friendly. She opened up in front of us and shared a lot of her experiences to give us the best suggestions as television broadcast majors. She gave us tips and told her about her first job. She told us how to get an entry in this field by entering a small market first and then jumping to a bigger one after gaining some experience. She also said that we should take full advantage during our internships since that is the best way to learn and try to get hands on experience. She was very good at explaining things and answering all our questions with the best examples. After that we went to the LUTV studio to do an interview with her. Beth Haslag was chosen for this golden opportunity. The interview went fine and then we all clicked pictures as our golden memories of Virginia's visit. It was a fun day and I really enjoyed talking to her and writing down the tips she gave us.

No comments: