Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Journal Entry 3

Today we met in the class and discussed everything that we were doing today. We started with finishing up the package worksheet and it was fun and interesting at the same time to learn how to finally complete the package. After the package script, professor Schroeder showed us some of the tapes and taught us how to do different types of stand ups and interviews. She also told us how sometimes its good to start with the NAT sound. It was a very new stuff for me and I learned another good thing for a broadcast major. After that we went to the LUTV studio and started preparing for the newscast the day. Haley and I were supposed to do the anchoring today so we got our scripts to go through it while Dustin, Neal, and Tracy were doing their weather, sports and entertainment shoots. I really enjoyed doing the anchoring because this is what I want to do after I graduate. It was almost like a dream come true. I was not nervous at all. I felt very comfortable in front of the camera. I knew what I was supposed to do and Jill was there to correct us if something went wrong. After the taping of the newscast we decided to shoot some B-rolls for our package. It was fun. Overall, today’s class was fun and I learned a lot of cool stuff including that I am supposed to wear make up while being on camera!

1 comment:

Tracy F said...

Just to let you know, my new blog address is http://tvtalentwithtracy.blogspot.com/. See ya thursday!