Sunday, January 6, 2008

Journal Entry 2

On the second day, the whole class met at the LUTV studio. We were supposed to practice how to put together a news package and get hands on experience. The topic for our package was the J-term classes, and how advanced TV talent was more fun and interesting than other subjects like history or math. So some students were picked to be interviewed for this package and then the whole class will then do a stand up individually which was supposed to be a part of the package not as an opening or closing stand up, but in the middle of the package. I was a little nervous when I saw other students going first and forgetting the stand up, but then professor Schroeder encouraged everyone and said it usually comes out different than what we actually are supposed to say. My stand up was not too bad, but I didn’t know that I was supposed to hold the expression on my face for few seconds in the end, so it was one of the things that I learned. After the stand ups, we all learned how to write logs, the time code for the particular phrase or sentence we need, then the sound bites. I really enjoyed knowing such stuff because this is what I’ll be doing in my future career. We went little slow, so couldn’t get the chance to finish our package as decided, but all of it was fun. I really enjoyed doing stand up, and I felt confident in front of camera which I think is the most important thing to be in this field.

1 comment:

Haley B said...

i thought class was very fun today!