Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Journal Entry 9

I was really excited for today's visit to Fox-2,KTVI since last night. So excited, that I did not even sleep last night at all. I met Professor Schroeder, Ed Voss and other students at the LUTV studio to ride with them. We left with all the equipment we needed for this package of Professor Julie Beard’s class. While I was riding with professor Schroeder, Haley, I and she talked about our lives. It was a pretty good conversation. When we reached the studio, other students were already there. We went inside and met Julie and discussed what questions we’re going to ask during the interviews, what B-rolls are we going to shoot, etc. So it was all ready to go in and start taking advantage of our visit arranged by Ed and professor Schroeder. So we went in and met Julie’s class talked about what they do in the studio during their J-term class. Then we met the senior web producer Patrick, who told us what exactly their job is in the studio. It was very exciting to know about this new career in TV industry which is all about web and internet. They do blogging, scripting and posting videos on the fox-2 website. After that I got a chance to interview Patrick and Dan (student from LU) and I really enjoyed doing that. Meanwhile, Ed gave us a short tour of the fox-2 station. Then it was time for the photo session and we took a lot of pictures in the studio. Finally we shot some stand ups and then I was to be done for the day.

3 comments:

Dustin said...

Ha, it's funny. I had trouble sleeping last night too I was so excited... and that was after a half bottle of wine.

Tracy F said...

Your'e too cute.

Jen said...

Today was definitely fun!