Sunday, January 13, 2008

Journal Entry 7

On Friday the class was supposed to meet at the LUTV station in order to edit the group packages with the assigned photographer to each group. Also other than editing, every student had a 15 minute meet with Professor Schroeder to work on the voice quality improvement individually. So she passed on a sign up sheet and fortunately I was the first one to meet her. Our package was being edited by Sierra at the same time and Michael was helping her. Out of the four package scripts submitted by our group Davina’s script was chosen for the voice over narration, so she did her voice over at that time. During my meeting with Professor Schroeder, she asked me read a news story. After that she told me that the first thing that she liked about my anchoring was that I don’t have a singing tone like some other anchors new in this field, unlike them, she told me that I’ve a very good pacing except that I stress too much on some words. So she asked me read the story again with the changes she asked me to do. After that she told me that I should talk in a way that my voice sounds as if it is coming out of my stomach not my throat or esophagus. Since I’ve learned music and I learned this technique of singing in a way that sound comes from stomach, it was not hard for me to implement it right there. The third time I read the story, it was much better than what I was doing at the first time. So overall, today’s class was fun and quick, we finished editing our package and went home with smiles on our faces. I was more excited than anyone else since my birthday was approaching the coming weekend.

No comments: